Waterlution Youth Advisor Steph Woodworth at the World Water Forum in Brasilia, Brazil! (2018)
The selected delegate will attend the World Youth Parliament for Water’s Fifth General Assembly and the Ninth World Water Forum (WWF)
The application deadline is December 15th, 2019
Interested candidates will read this website in full before applying to ensure eligibility and to gain a strong understanding of the important role delegate play at the World Water Forum
To be eligible, candidates must*:
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be between the ages of 20-30 when your application is submitted
- Previously participated in a Water Innovation Lab or past/current volunteers on Waterlution’s Youth Advisory Board
- Committed, and able, to attend the entire World Water Forum (WWF)
- Be willing to create four unique blog posts about the prep and experience at the WWF (2 for WYPW and 2 for Waterlution)
- Be willing to provide daily social media content during the 5th General Assembly and WWF including photo, videos, boomerangs and accompanying the descriptive text
- On the ground transport in Senegal is provided by the WYPW. Waterlution pleased to contribute $1000 towards the delegate’s travel costs. The selected delegate agrees to pay for any air travel costs that exceed $1000
- Accommodations in Senegal and most meals will be covered by the WYPW. The delegate agrees to pay for some meals during travel and during the WWF.
*Applicants who do not meet these requirements need not apply- no exceptions!
Key delegate qualities sought by the WYPW and ISW are:
- Would plan to volunteer with the World Youth Parliament for Water, after the WWF
- Can demonstrate their commitment to supporting youth-leadership in the water sector
- Experienced in educating others about climate change and water challenges
- December 15th, 2019: Application deadline
- January 15th to February 1st, 2020: Applicants are reviewed by Waterlution and recommendations are sent to WYPW and ISW.
- February 1st to March 1st, 2020: WYPW and ISW make the final selection for the Canadian delegate.
- March 15th, 2020: The opportunity is presented to the selected delegate.
- March 22nd, 2020 (World Water Day): The delegate is announced publically by WYPW, ISW and Waterlution via social media.
- March 23rd to March 12th 2021: The delegate works with ISW to prepare for the trip and organize their travel logistics. The delegate writes two blog posts one for the Waterlution blog and one /ISWWYPW blog about prepping for their trip.
March 13th to March 23rd, 2021: The delegate attends the World Water Forum and WYPW 5th General Assembly in Dakar, Senegal with WYPW members.
- April 1st to April 30th, 2021: The delegate writes two blog posts one for the Waterlution blog and one for ISW/WYPW blog about their experience.
- April 2021- March 2024: The delegate serves as a Canadian representative for the World Youth Parliament for Water attending other events as opportunities arise.