WIL Mex-Can 2021 Schedule
Will meet on the dates below. Please note your time zone
Friday January 29, 2021
Storytelling and Cultural Connections to Water and Communities
3 hour session
2:00-5:00 p.m. Mexico City
(3:00-6:00 p.m. Toronto)
- To open up WIL Mex Can 2020-2021, guests will share their knowledge and cultural teachings on water. Will we learn from Indigenous artists, storytellers and waterkeepers from Mexico & Canada.
- Through mixed-group conversations, introductions and activities, we will build an engaging and fun online community for all participants during this first session.
- Language note: On this day, we won’t be doing simultaneous translation as we don’t want to disturb the flow of storytellers, however our team will offer translation support at intervals during the session.
Saturday January 30, 2021
Session 2: Watershed Management, Water Challenges (in Mexico and Canada), Monitoring and Data
2 hour session, 2 different sessions
participants attend ONE session only in language of their choice
10:00 a.m.- 12:00p.m. Mexico Central Time
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST
2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Mexico Central Time
3:00 – 5:00 p.m. EST
- Building off from the introductions and cultural teachings from Day 1, the facilitators will then focus on the current situation in both countries. We will continue to mix groups in interactive sessions before going into the content of the session. There has been a growing move in looking at water governance, how we look at water systems and what we do with data to make sustainable choices. This session will invite Water management experts and leaders in Mexico and Canada to share what is innovative now, what are the challenges now, encouraging participants to think of creative and innovative solutions.
- Note: Expert guests will be different in each session of the two Saturday sessions
- At close of day two, all participants will be allowed to share and collect their thoughts going forward.
- Language note: As there will be two sessions, participants are welcome to join one session in the language they are strongest in. They can attend both sessions if they wish.
Sunday January 31, 2021
Session 3: Collaborating on Water Innovations in local communities
3 hour session
1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Mexico Central Time/
2:00 – 5:00 p.m. EST
- Bilingual/Translation offered throughout
- Building off the themes that are of interest, we will do an open space, during which participants will be divided in up to three groups to decide where they would like to contribute and collaborate on innovative solutions going forward.
- Time to collaborate. Participants exchange on water innovation and develop solutions for their local communities.