Transformative Leaders of the Future (TLF) inaugural launch is September 2014. TLF Teams are located across Canada in:
- Region of Waterloo
- Region of Durham
Click here to view the teams
TLF is a program designed to equip young professionals and students who are passionate about water and sustainability with essential skills in their ‘toolbox’ to increase their employability readiness. The skills and networks developed during the program are aimed to compliment participants existing education and experience. Over 9 months, young professionals will become practiced facilitators, with their network expanded, and trained through a series of creativity challenges that offer the space for TLF to practice their skills.
TLF will gain experience in:
- Exploring and implementing new ways of thinking,
- Acting on creative ideas to generate spaces of innovation,
- Designing and hosting gatherings for meaningful dialogue, and
- Honing their communication skills to maximize their impact.
Why is Waterlution offering this program?
Over the last 12 years Waterlution has come to realize that more creativity is needed in the water sector. We need more people talking and learning about pressing water realities to advance the status quo and to spark more innovation in the water sector. The ‘Transformative Leaders of the Future’ program will build a supportive network of water/sustainability students and young professionals who are seeking to develop new skills to:
- Reach new audiences to advance the national and global water dialogue
- Enhance the impact of their water knowledge and experience beyond specialty “niches”
- Be readily employable within both traditional and entrepreneurial avenues
Waterlution has witnessed that when we facilitate and design water experiences, it allows for all participants involved to engage in meaningful discussions and experiential learning, to develop collaborative opportunities and to build networks – key criteria to spark innovation in the water sector.
Waterlution wishes to develop and support more skilled facilitators who can be called upon, as needed, to work as part of our team.